My ideal future
As an architecture student people used to think that I've entered the career so that way I can become a great designer or build things, that cannot be more mistaken. When I first entered the career in 2015 I choose architecture as my second preference, the first one was music theory, a career that I declined in the end just because I didn't wanted to spend a lifetime teaching in schools when my goal was (and to some point still is) become a composser but, even when architecture is not really my favourite thing, I've learned new ways to approach the career such as the urban planning; a great way to mix my interest in social sciences and the city development, something that allows me to mix elements from other areas like anthropology or sociology into my area.
With all that being said, as anyone can see I'm more an office man than an outdoor one, so if it's jobs what we're talking about I'd pick any day of the week an office one where I can express myself writting papers or stuff like that than being at the construction watching the process or designing beach houses. As that goes, my ideal work would be without a doubt to became part of the urbanism department here in order to live from the academy while I can do my own stuff by myself like having my own recording home studio.
Anyway, as I've already said before, my ideal work (related with the architecture) would be to live from the academy, so if that's what I want from an urban perspective I'd need to travel a loot in order to see by myself different cities and how they work. About the salary, by the time I can fully dedicate myself to investigation if we still have right wing gobernments that things about investigation as something irrelevant and continues to shut down the budget for public investigations, future doesn't seems all that bright, but I hope that people in the country, earlier than later, will notice how much does that gobernments harms us as civilians in order to protect their own interests.
With all this being said, it's kinda obvious that I'd really like to study a second career, being that career music theory or composition. I think thats something that I'll definitely do after I finish this career in order to be happy learning stuffs that really matters to me instead learning how to design a house for rich people or to calculate complex structures that I'll probably never do again once I leave university. So, to put it simple and resume everything that I've said untill now, I think architecture is not even close to be all I need to be happy, in fact, is just a small part of the puzzle and as long as that is a reality, I think that someday I'll need to fit the missing parts of the puzzle.


very interesting! I'm interested about the urban perspective too
ReplyDeleteYou should definitely read about of Ianis Xenakis.! He was an architect/composer who change the curse of music forever with his new ideas
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeletefollow your dreams but I think you would be an excellent urbanist :)
Teaching architecture is a good way to make a change in our cities
ReplyDeleteArchitecture and music! both very different yet interesting worlds
ReplyDeleteyour dreams are so important!! and the urbanism is an interesting area of the architecture!
ReplyDelete