A country I would like to visit

While there's a lot of places I'd really like to visit someday, there's a country, and more specifically, a city that I'd really like to go. That city is Kyoto, the old Japanese capital.

Kyoto was for a very long time the capital of Japan, and because of that, it has one of the richest cultural heritage in the country, being the religious and cultural capital of the country. Besides that, as an architecture student Kyoto's particulary interesting because of it's urban design and harmonious coexistence between the old imperial architecture and the contemporary one, who merges into a really interesting place to visit.

Also, the way the japaneses preserves their material patrimony is something that I think as chileans we should learn from, since we share the same problems in sismic damage to our buildings, but even when we share that, the way we approach it it's really different. While they make huge investments in the preservation and restoration of their patrimony, here we tore it like it's nothing, and that shouldn't be that way. The only way to learn about our past is to keep it alive in our memories as an important piece of information in order to improve and learn from it, and in that aspect I think we should look a lot at Tokyo and it's politics about preservation.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paranormal experience

Climatic change