The best concert
It was 2015 and I was in my first year at the university, more specifically at Universidad de Santiago de Chile, and even when I didn't like the university at all, it was a really important year in my life as I was able to assist to the show of one of the most important bands in my life, Explosions in the Sky at Primavera Fauna festival.
It was in november and I didn't think I'd be able to go since I didn't have the money for the ticket, but one day my sister came back home and she called me to her room "here's your ticket, go and enjoy yourself with that band you love so much", it was the better present I've ever get and I couldn't be more happy.
Explosions in the sky is a really important band for me since it was the band who made me know about the existence of post-rock, a musical genre mostly based on the melodic use of standard rock instruments to play music mostly ambiental and with disruptives structures, and also the genre that made me realize how much the music can tell you without even a word. Since that day I've been learning to play and write music as my main way to express myself.
The day of the festival there was a huge amount of bands before the one I wanted to see, and I really enjoyed it since I also liked the other ones, but it wasn't untill the evening that Explosions in the sky took the stage and started playing the best show I've seen in my life. With the sunset by our side and strong winds blowing through the place the music resonated really hard and the atmosphere was so great that I can still remember it. As a musician and as a listener it was a complete demonstration of art that I doubt I'll ever forget.

I think it's a very good and interesting concert
ReplyDelete